Saturday, March 14, 2009

A Funny Thing Happened On the Way to Connecticut

Ever think "Connecticut" is a weird word? Hmm.

Anyway, today I went there. While I waited for the train, I saw this:

Let me point out the fact that this is the Y2K Communications store. And it "does jewelry on promises." Yes, I think we've found a winner. For the life of me, I can't figure out whether they meant to put "premises" or if they really DO do jewelry on "promises," whathever that means. Again, hmmm.

Once I got to Connecticut (seriously, sounds more weird every time), I found a parade going on. Now, this was your typical St. Patrick's Day parade, albeit a few days early. It had your fife and drum bands and your pipers. It had cloggers and your beauty queen (Miss Connecticut '09). All in all, it wasn't super impressive. Until I saw this:

No, your eyes aren't playing tricks on you. Those are indeed very funny hats on silver-haired gentlemen. And they are really teeny tiny cars. To be exact, they are the Stamford Pyramid Shriners, and they're showing the world that there's no recession big enough to counteract the mid-life crisis. If you can't go buck wild and get the 'vette, then steal your kid's go-cart. Same diff.

Rather fruitful day, don't you think?

No comments: