Wednesday, February 10, 2010

How Do You Say "I Love You?"

So, I've got XM Radio in my car. It is one of my most treasured possessions. Seriously. Huuuuge fan. On that XM, I've got the Old Radio channel, where I listen to "Fibber McGee and Molly," "The Shadow," "Burns and Allen," "Our Miss Brooks," and many other old radio gems. I am becoming such a junkie. Anyway, while I was listening the other day, they advertised for what, in my view, is the most ridiculous Valentine's Day website yet... bigplush.com.

I visited the site today, and I found out that you can say "I love you" with a 6-ft. rose that has a little teddy bear clinging to it, a 40 lb. smiling ape, or a 5 ft. tall t-rex wearing a shirt that says, "I ate the teddy bear. Happy Valentine's Day."

Now, don't those sound like heartfelt gestures. The thing is, I'm very, very tempted to buy that t-rex for my friend. I think it would be the funniest delivery ever. But, since you have to shell out serious dough, maybe I'll stick to the classics. I guess if you wanted to go along the same lines, you could buy a teddy bear, draw on some bruises and teeth marks, and put a t-shirt on it that says, "I fought off a t-rex to tell you that I love you. Happy Valentine's Day." Hmmm. Possibilities.

4 comments:

Elizabeth Downie said...

I'm going to get a stuffed boa constrictor with a note that says, "I ate the Valentine's deer"

Sorry that was gross.

Happy Valentine's Day!

Lex said...

You are amazing. I was laughing so hard when I read this. I'm currently fighting a venomous snake to write this to tell you how much I appreciate you. OH NO! Oh No! I'm not going to win this one...
: he got me.

Katherine said...

Well I expect no less than the t-Rex now, you know. A mini one will do, though. Happy V-day!!

Jessica said...

That's the best VDay post ever.