Friday, February 19, 2010

Junkie

That's what I am... I get way too emotionally wrapped up in the Olympics. Seriously. I realized this was getting serious last summer olympics when Michael Phelps had that unbelieveable race, you know, the one where it didn't look like he touched first? When it happened, I jumped up, screamed my head off (and you know me... not a screamer), and ran around the house. Well, last night I had my worst fears confirmed when I took Evan Lysacek's win over that jerky Plushenko guy as a personal victory. When he was skating, my heart started racing, my stomach clenched up, and my hands were balled up into fists. Is this what actual sports fans experience on a game-to-game basis? I want to know. I also want to know how you're not in the hospital yet for bleeding ulcers.

1 comment:

Elizabeth Downie said...

I wish I was into the Olympics. Instead I just resent them for preempting my favorite shows.