Thursday, July 2, 2009

the Maine Event

Hello from Maine! I'm in residence at the Conductors' Retreat at Medomak right now, and I'm enjoying this lovely state. Or at least I would be if it would warm up. While things rarely go as anticipated, it's been a very...um...interesting beginning to these three weeks.

Interesting factoid #1: My friend Yuki and I are staying in what has affectionately been dubbed the "Mouse House." Sleep has eluded me for a couple of nights because of the scurrying, pooping little critters, and we had two caught in traps this morning. Yuck. Thankfully, our friend Chris came to the rescue and emptied the traps for us. Bless him and his kind soul.

Interesting factoid #2: I have come up with comic-book character nicknames for two of the musicians. They are FACTMAN!!! and Brawny. Fact Man has the brains, and he tells us super fly factoids whenever we ask. He fights the power of his arch nemesis, Brawny the Pumping Iron Man, with knowledge. And that's a fact. Brawny prefers brute strength, but he tends to have 'roid rage, brought on by his addiction to peanut butter (gotta have his protein). There will be more on them later. Trust me.

Anyway, I have to go rehearse. I'm supposed to be practicing right now. Oops?

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Ooo How exciting!! Oh we need to have a phone date. Things have been a little nuts here. I am now working 6 days a week from around 11 to 10 on weekdays and 9am-10pm on Saturdays... whew. Crazy! I can't wait to read more about Fact Man and Brawny. And truly, bless the guy that came to the rescue and discarded the critters!! OH! And your car is beautiful!! Don't worry, I'm sure you'll be able to pay it off ;) Much love ~ Jess