Wednesday, July 22, 2009

I'm On A Bus...

...And I'm blogging. Technology...what will they think of next? I know, I know... join the 21st century, Megan. But, I've been in the backwoods of Maine for the last month, so it's understandably weird for me, right?

Excuses over. Now to the serious business. First, an update. FactMan is now better known as my morally-beklemmt alter-ego. I've seen the softer side of Brawny, now that he has learned to use his words, at least with me. As for the Mouse House... the mice, moths, carpenter ants, and spiders continued to bug us up till the last. Anyone know what kind of spider has a round, black body with a white dot on it? I saw one two days ago, and I'm pretty sure it's poisonous. I decided not to pursue it until after leaving, though.
In the past four days I have seen Plymouth Rock, the Mayflower, Bar Harbor, Acadia National Park, Katherine, a sign that says "Unattended children will be given cookies and a kitten," The Pants Family, Boston, and lots and lots and lots of kitchy stores. It was a great road trip!
Next stop, Utah then Colorado!
*Correction: The sign actually said, "Unattended children will be given espresso and a free kitten." Even better.

3 comments:

megan said...

Maine is cool! I'm glad you're outta the mouse house. We have fond memories of Bar Harbor and Acadia. We even discovered a "Perry's Nut House" while there. Apparently Maine knew us before we knew Maine.

Amy said...

Wow, Maine sounds...exciting. It actually really does. I can't believe the Mayflower is still around! I'm excited to see you in a few days! and then I'm excited for you to live in CO instead of NY :)

Jessica said...

That must've been the best sign ever!! I would've died laughing. I'm glad you're having a great road trip!!!