Wednesday, April 1, 2009

I Can Be Foolish Every Day

Today, as I know you are all aware, is April Fool's Day. In honor of the occasion, I've decided to blog about some of my dreams, because it feels like nearly every night my subconscious gangs up on me to play tricks on the saner part of the psyche. Pshaw. JK. Any of you who have persisted in reading my blog know by now that there is no saner part of my psyche. Without further ado, here are just a few more reasons why I should probably not be out walking around.

#1. I dreamed that the first violinist in my quartet wrote a letter to Pres. Obama, telling him how we are a promising new quartet, but if we're going to succeed, we need his support. Obama responded by coming to NYC, with his family. I was at the mall with my mom and brother (duh, of course) and I saw him. I walked over, and he told me how proud he was of me. He said my quartet was great, "almost good enough to make a cd." He then told me to walk with him. As we walked around, it was like the Cult of Obama. He blessed people and was magnificently benevolent. Remember when Biden asked the quadrapalegic man to stand up, and there were jokes about how if it had been Obama the man would have been able to? The rest of the dream was pretty much like that.

#2. Right before my senior prom, I had a dream that also featured a prominent political leader. This one is somewhat less benevolent.
I dreamed that my high school took a group to Iraq for a study abroad. This was apparently a good idea at the time. Anyway, while we were there, I was walking around sightseeing, and I came across a movie set. They needed extras to portray slaves in the fields, so my friends and I volunteered. I got into costume and started working. After a few hours, I noticed that the overseers walking around were really armed, and there was no sign of the work stopping. Then I saw Osama Bin Laden walking up and down the rows. I knew suddenly that I had been duped! They had tricked us into slavery! Well, obviously I had to get away, so I made a break for it. I started running, and Bin Laden and his goons came after me. I ran and ran, trying to get somewhere, and I finally found a building with an unlocked door. I opened the door cautiously. The room was sparsely white and completely empty except for one of those kid's toys in the corner. It was a fabric tunnel that kids can crawl into. I heard voices close behind me, so I ran in, shut the door, and hid inside the tunnel. I heard the door open slowly, and inside stepped my prom date. I was so relieved to see him, and I said, "Dave! You have to help me! Bin Laden is chasing me, and I need to get away or else he'll kill me!" Dave looked thoughtful for a moment, and then he opened the door, stuck his head out, and yelled, "SHE'S IN HERE!!!" I awoke in a cold sweat and went to school. The poor guy could not figure out why I was acting so weird, but it took me a few days before I could look him in the eyes again. I mean, come on! The guy totally Sound of Music'd me!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

I was totally thinking of Sound of Music the moment you mentioned your prom date opened the door! Oh I love it.

Jessica said...

I was totally thinking of Sound of Music the moment you mentioned your prom date opened the door! Oh I love it.