Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Rockin' Hard or Hardly Rockin'?

The other night I played with an awesome band, Pearl and the Beard. First off, it was a fulfillment of many a childhood fantasy, playing with a band for a packed house in a NYC club. Second, it was with my dear friend Emily Hope Price, who helps me put this whole Mormon-living-in-NYC-being-a-musician thing into perspective. So that was fun too. I played backup on a couple songs with three guys from the band 46ink. They are also awesome, so you should check them out too.

I'm about to do the shameless plug thing and tell you all to check this band out. They're "metal." And, they just released a cd, so go ahead and get it already! I particularly love the fact that Emily learned how to play the accordion for one of the songs. It just happens to be one of my personal faves instruments. It may just be my new instrument of choice, right up there with the digeridoo.

2 comments:

Katherine said...

You start up a digeridoo band, I want in.

Livi said...

WOW! Dream come true.