Monday, April 19, 2010

Effective Birth Control

The names have been changed to protect the innocent:

"Jimmy, you can either go pick a book to read with Nancy, or you can go to bed." "I choose play games. Or watch a movie." "No, Jimmy. You only have two choices: book or bed." "Or the choices are to play games." "Jiiimmmmyyy..." "Okay, I choose to watch a movie." "Jimmy, it's either read a book or go to bed." "Fine. But I don't like this book. I'll go choose another one." Ten minutes later... "All these books are boring." "Fine, we can make up a story." "Oh, I have an idea!" So then the two read a book. Then he bargained his way into one more book. He was then carried to bed. Twenty minutes later... "Jimmy, why are you up"? "I ran out of juice." "Okay, I'll get you more juice but then you need to go to bed." He goes. Ten minutes after that: "My leg hurts." "Okay, Jimmy. Time for bed or no DS."

BAHAHAHA! People who say kids don't know what's going on have absolutely no idea what's going on. Mothers and fathers everywhere... I salute you!

1 comment:

Katherine said...

HA! That's hilarious! Kids are pretty sneaky and conniving sometimes. But they're so cute, how can we resist??