Monday, December 14, 2009

You Know You're In Boulder When...

I'm taking a 3:00 am break from the magical world of Saint-Saens's symphonic poems to share with you the reasons Boulder is awesome... or at least like being dropped inside a fitness magazine run by Joan Baez.

1. My friend Abby told me that the other day, when we had a good 14 inches of snow, she came out of her apartment at 9:00. None of the streets had been cleared yet. However, the bike path was cleared all the way down.
*That same day, I was driving home through the blizzard, and I saw this 60-something year old man on his bike, looking like nothing was wrong. I beg to differ. There is something very, very wrong.

2. My friend Kristy and I went to dinner about a week ago. We went to pull into a parking spot, and this is what we saw... Yep, unless you are fueling your car with canola oil, you cannot park in that spot. I must say, living here in Boulder is making me feel like a schmuck. It's pretty hard to feel like a good person around 65 year old men who are biking through blizzards just so that they can get to the nearest recycling center then go save some whales. Or penguins, or something.
Oh well. I'm going to go eat some meat now then drive to school so that I can sit around all day and never work out.

2 comments:

Elizabeth Downie said...

hahah, that's so funny! You forgot to mention all the cans you'll be throwing away and not recycling. ;)

Katherine said...

Ha! I feel that way when I drive the 0.8 miles to school 'cause I'm tired, or it's cold. Ah, laziness...