Thursday, December 3, 2009

I Know What You Did Last Month...

Warning: this blog post is only for those over 11.

So, apparently I'm a horrible person. But at least I'm in good company... see, last month, I totally ruined a kid. At Disneyland. My sister-in-law and I were standing in the loooong line at the Indiana Jones ride, and we got to talking about how much we love the Magic Kingdom. She mentioned how sad she was the day that she figured out it wasn't really magic. I responded by saying, "Yeah, it's like figuring out your parents have been lying to you about Santa Claus." Well... although we thought we were being quiet, about 5 minutes into this conversation, I saw a VERY traumatized-looking 10 year old boy standing awfully close to us. Yep. Heard every word. My sis-in-law and I realized our mistake at the same time, and she wrapped things up by saying, "Well, at least Santa's real." A noble attempt, but the damage was definitely already done. So yeah, we shattered a kid's hopes and dreams about Santa and Disneyland... all on the same day. Whoops.

5 comments:

Erin Mason said...

Not our finest hour, that's for sure! But we sure had a great trip with you, Meg! Love you!

Jessica said...

MEGAN MASON! wow. that's all.

oh. and call me sometime :)

Who Knew . . . said...

That is sadly very funny. Thank you for the post. You may have ended the magic of childhood for one kid but you made me smile today. A little twisted, I know, but I it made me laugh.

Amy said...

Poor little kid...

Katherine said...

No, I'm SURE he believed the "Well, at least Santa's real" save. And as a result, probably figured that the Magic Kingdom was real, too. So, no worries. ;)

P.S. The Magic Kingdom isn't really magic?? :(