Sunday, August 15, 2010

Discompliment

A long time ago, I blogged about what I like to call "discompliments." Basically, these are backhanded compliments like "Wow, you look so much better than usual today," and "You are so much better at that than I thought." Last night, I got a great one...

My quartet played a concert in the small town of Salida, CO. Before it started, we had a q and a session, where we were asked questions by the organizers and by the audience. Apparently my brand of humor worked on them, because I had them laughing a few times.

Anyway, after the concert, we went to the reception, and I was pulled aside by two men from Colorado Public Radio. They said they'd love to have us come down to play on their respective shows. Then they said they unanimously decided they wanted to have an interview with "that mouthy violist."

Mouthy?

Really?

Who'd a thunk.

4 comments:

Lex said...

right by. you drove right by me and i didn't even know. seriously. RIGHT BY. thats all.

Jessica said...

wow. That's cool you guys will be on CPR! :)

Doug said...

Ha ha! That's a good one! My best was when a guy gave me a really nice complement on my dancing and asked if he could take a picture. I grabbed my partner for the picture, but he handed HER his camera because he wanted a picture with ME. YIKES! I might have still taken it as a compliment, except that the guy was a balding, chubby, middle-aged, middle-eastern man... :)

Elizabeth Downie said...

That's really funny. But awesome that you get to be on the radio!