Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Snow Day!

Remember when you were little and it snowed a lot and they cancelled school? We used to get up super early and watch the news, praying that we wouldn't be able to get to class. Then, when it was cancelled, we stayed inside sipping hot cocoa, then played in the yard, digging out snow caves, building snowmen, then going inside to watch movies and play games.

Best days ever.

So, it turns out that nothing much has changed for me. I got up this morning, sorely disappointed that school wasn't cancelled. I went to quartet rehearsal and then suddenly, we got the call. Campus closed at 2:00! I promptly went home, put on pajamas, turned on my lovely fireplace, watched Gilmore Girls and ate all sorts of junk food. It was delightful. I'm such a fan of snow days.

3 comments:

Elizabeth Downie said...

That's awesome!! Snow days are the best. :)

Jessica said...

That's fantastic!! I wish I was there to join you...

Katherine said...

I can't believe you had a snow day! It was 60 degrees and beautiful today here and I spent the afternoon wandering around Meijer Sculpture Gardens. But I DO love snow days!!