Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Subway Surfing

I spend a lot of time on the subway. You figure it takes me approximately 8 minutes on the subway to get to school and 8 back, so that's 16 minutes. Times at least 5 per week. That's 1 hour and 20 minutes. Then you factor in other trips: errands, recreation, etc, and I think you can safely add another 4 hours per week. So now we're at 5 hours 20 minutes per week of my special subway time. Times 4 weeks... equals... a lot.

It can get pretty boring.

That is why I'm so happy when I see something amusing. In that vein, here are some things I've seen recently that I would love to pass on:


In case you're having a struggle reading that, it says "Do not lean on poor." Since I am indeed poor, I found it amusing and true.

And also, this one on the right. I found it several months ago, and I haven't yet decided whether it is funny or scary. It may be sort of accurate, which promotes the scariness, but also, I find it to oddly fit in with my belief system. So there you go, there are Sunday School lessons even on the subway.
Update: Today (Thursday) I got on the train and this guy next to me starts doing his ballet warm-ups with the pole. It was so weird. I'm just sitting there, and suddenly there's a pointed toe in my face.

2 comments:

Elizabeth Downie said...

I love the pictures! Especially don't lean on poor :) haha

megan said...

"STAND CLEAR OF THE CLOSING DOORS!" That phrase will be ringing in your ears for years after you leave the city.

Nice pictures. They make you stop and think. You're so deep :)