Tuesday, September 14, 2010

The Look, the Feel of Autumn... the Seasons of Our Lives

I haven't blogged much lately. This is because, although there is, ahem, an awful lot going on in my life right now, I'm not at liberty to tell you all about it. Mysterious, right? Well, sorry. You'll know soon.

Meanwhile, it's getting to be fall, and I'm waxing poetic. I LOVE FALL. I love the smell and feel of the air, how the wind changes, crunching leaves, drinking apple cider, wearing sweaters, and starting the Megan Mason calendar year. Yes, my year still revolves around the fall, because as a friend pointed out, I haven't had a fall without school since I was five. Possibly four. So even though I'd love to be done with my institutional learning at this point, I still am filled with excitement when I walk back onto a college campus for the first time that year. I love the anticipation of each holiday, each semester ending, and each degree I work towards. I've had good years and bad years, but none of them have ever been boring. And I think this will be a good one. I have a lot to look forward to, and I can't wait to see how things sort themselves out. Little (and big) frustrations aside, it's good to be here.

One good piece of news I can tell you is that my quartet was invited to stay at CU for a third year. Certain imminent events will determine the outcome of that invitation, but it's great to have it. Yay for a place to be, plus health and dental and Takacs.

I hope you're all enjoying the late summer/early fall. I'm missing Michigan right now, because it's the scene of cider mills and Halloween parties for me, but I'm trying to create that upper-midwestern friendliness right here in the mountains. And if any of you feel like visiting, cider and donuts are on me.

No comments: