Tuesday, May 11, 2010

It's a Month

This was my mid-April to mid-May:

3 flight attendants yelling at me that I can't take my viola on the plane, 2 car accidents, 1 cancelled flight, 4 hours waiting for that cancelled flight, 1 failed competition, 5000 things I need to do, 3 things I have done, 1 bout of food poisoning, 1 boy trouble, 1 beloved dog death, 8 million verbal comments I have filtered in the last month, and 11 large boxes waiting for me to pack and move.

In other news, I ate here. This pretty much sums up South Bend cuisine. Sorry it's sideways, but I appreciated the truth in advertising just waaaay too much.

On the flip side: 2 little boys who want to play the viola after hearing me, 1 little girl who told me I'm pretty like a princess, 3 great colleagues, 2 days before I go home, 1 week spent in Aspen, 2 months to look forward to spending in Aspen, 1 beautiful tree outside my window, 2 new recital dresses for an amazing deal, 1 night of good sleep, and 3 amazing series of books to put things into perspective. The world isn't so bad after all, is it?

I would like to end this post with a note of confidence from one of my favorite fiction writers, L.M. Montgomery: "Isn't it wonderful to think that tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it yet?" Thank you, Ms. Montgomery, for your years devoted to enriching the human soul. You have inspired millions of little girls to use their imaginations, and you have spoiled us for anyone except Gilbert Blythe.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Quite a life you live Megan. You were in 2 accidents? Holy cow. For real when you get home next week let's at least do a lunch or something. I'll talk to everyone. And did you hear Brit had her baby? Yeah!!!!See you next week!

Katherine said...

I think this is my favorite post of yours ever, Megan! Very tender! I just listened to Anne of Green Gables on audiobook and it made me SO happy! Sigh. :) And way to look at the positive side! I'm trying to do that more lately.