Tuesday, October 28, 2008

It's true... 3 M's ARE better than one.

But... one M is better than none. Sorry all you M-less people out there.

A note of explanation as I start this so-called "blog." I would like to say that I am responding to extreme peer pressure here, and as I am a "joiner" I felt it was imperative that I join the cool kids.

As a now "cool" kid I would like to tell you about myself. I am 5' 7". I am totally and completely awesome. I may or may not be best friends with Alec Baldwin. And I have three M's for initials.

This last fact has always been a source of considerable amusement for the people around me. First they see that I have two M's and I get nicknames like "MeyMey," "MegaMaso," and "Hot Stuff" although I have no idea where that last one comes from. Then the alliterative fun continues as they find out that my middle name also starts with M. For some reason, I get a lot of mileage out of this. People cannot get over the fact that I have 3 M's in my name. Go figure. Many ask if my parents "meant to do that." I can only assume that they knew what they were doing, although I have yet to ask them this apparently important question.

I must pause here to ask the age-old question, "What is in a name?" You see, I happen to be very punny, and my name really truly contributes to the possibilities of puns around me. I also happen to love alliteration. It rocks. But would I have this fascination if my name wasn't alliterative? Also, I have a goal to gain as many M's as possible. By the time I finish my Masters of Music, I will have five. Then if I marry someone whose last name begins with M, that'll be six. Magical. Or you might say, megical.

4 comments:

megan said...

I am proud to be the first to comment as a fellow Megan. I may not have the multiple M's to show for it, but I hope my sincere Meggishness meets your approval.

Katherine said...

I wish you'd stop lying and tell everyone your REAL alliterative name...Lady Lascivious. Two "l"s are better than three "m"s anyday. But I really do like M&Ms, so I guess two "M"s are equal to two "l"s, which may or may not be greater than the sum of two "i"s, five "t"s, and a "z". Take THAT to your math teacher.

Unknown said...

So glad you joined the cool kids!!!

Elizabeth Downie said...

Yay! I'm so glad you're "one of us" (said in an ominous tone - bwa ha ha ha!!). No but for real, I can't wait to start following your blog :)